Ugears Stem Lab Gearbox
Find out the principle of a 4-speed Gearbox
Build the STEM Lab Gearbox kit and discover how the Gearbox is used in a car, and interact with it via the dedicated Ugears AR application!
or 4 payments of $10.00 with Learn moreIn Stock (Hurry Only 3 Left!)
The Ugears Stem Lab Gearbox is an interactive puzzle kit to help learn and understand how a 4- speed manual Gearbox works!
After assembly, you can experiment with the Ugears manual Gearbox, by turns, choose I, II, III, or reverse with a kinematic pair of gears with different ratios and, rotating the actuator handle clockwise, you can watch and control the rotation speed of the layshaft and driveshaft.
In the Position “N” – idle in which both clutch gears of the layshaft remain uncoupled and idling; the First Gear makes the layshaft and gears rotate with the lowest speed; the Second Gear lets the drive shaft along with the flywheel rotate with an average speed and the Third Gear allows the layshaft and all gears rotate with the highest speed.
Switch on the Reverse gear and see how the driving clutch gear moves to the left towards gear “R” and connects to it transferring the rotation to the lower gear arrangement and propelling the layshaft and all gears to rotate in reverse.
The Mechanism of the Gearbox is Composed of:
- Gear shifting lever
- Layshaft with gear couplings
- Reverse idle gear bearing
- Actuator handle
- High-quality wooden boards with pre-cut details and other standard supplies. Assembly requires no glue or additional tools. The details come out of the boards with a slight push.
- Detailed step-by-step colour instruction manual. Easy to follow – easy to learn.
- Examples and suggestions for your fun hands-on projects.
- QR-code to Pocket Model’s Study Guide (the Gearbox Essentials with description of the mechanism, principle of working, main characteristics, definitions, and formulas).
- QR-code to Ugears AR Application. New exciting feature from Ugears to make your learning experience even more fascinating!
Model Size: 13*10*11 cm
Number of components: 120
Estimated time of assembly: 1-2 hours
Recommended for ages 8 and up.
Perfect for a beginner engineer, mechanic or cool kit creator! Have hours of fun even after assembly.
Ugears Stem Lab Gearbox Video
Ugears Stem Lab Gearbox Reviews
Be The First To Review This Product!
Writing a review for products you have purchased
Other Budding Scientists Also Bought
When people buy Ugears Stem Lab Gearbox they normally buy these too:
More 2 Science Products & Brands have been featured in these awesome places: